Menu

I Promise to Stick to Resolution 2019!

48 Comments

“Mumma, did you stick to your resolutions this year?” My son asked.

“Hahaha, Resolutions and your Mom are two banks of river and they never happen to meet, Beta.” This was my hubby.

“Aisa kya Mumma, why do you write so religiously? You ask us to be true to our thoughts and words. Is the thumb rule applies to us only? You are excluded.” M enquired.

I felt like I was short of words. I didn’t feel awkward what my hubby said but the words of my son who was giving his boards embarrassed me. I started searching for excuses sounding real.

“Hey, don’t make me a laughing stock, Varma? I have so many duties and household work to take care of along with my professional responsibilities, where do I get time for myself, Dear.” I winked at my hubby to stop him from spilling out the beans.

We had spent two decades together and he knew well of my aspirations and failures, my ambitions and craziness and I do admit that I was really lethargic to fulfil my few resolutions.

Let me brief you about my Resolutions, which was scribbled in my diary every year and I did try to put in my effort in the beginning of the year but by the end, the words looked at me with a grand smile teasing me, “Babe, you failed this year, too, but don’t give up. You have another year to fulfil.”

My Resolutions inscribed artistically in my diary said:

1.      Physical Exercise – Everyday

2.      No Sugar & Less Sugary Items

3.      No Scolding to Kids

4.      Control Cribbing to Hubby

5.      Adding Greens in Meals

6.      Eating Fruits giving up tempting snacks

“Mumma, we are going to check your resolution assignments. We will assign a definite score.” Both my son sung in unison.

“Hmmm, don’t try to be my Dad. I don’t get time to fulfil my resolutions after taking care of job, house and you three indefinite characters.” I said giving valid excuse.

“Ok, no problem. We will take care.” All three Men of my life said.

My 2018 Score card:

• Physical Exercise – Everyday – One hour spent on mobile talking could have been used.
  • No Sugar & Less Sugary Items – Bought in our name and consumed by you. Be impartial next year.
  • No Scolding to Kids – Doubtful?
  • Control Cribbing to Hubby – Erase from list
  • Adding Greens in Meals –Greens are bought and maids are fed, take green helpings & let skinny ones enjoy meat.
  • Eating Fruits giving up tempting snacks – Be kind to US and Exchange plate with us.

“Mumma, this year, we are writing resolutions for you in your diary and as you monitor our assignments, we will do yours. It’s for your benefit, you will lose extra flab and be energetic.” I submitted to their request and hoping Resolutions of 2019 don’t see the fate of Gone With the Wind. Time to save my Skin.

“This blog train is hosted by www.prernawahi.comwww.vartikasdiary.com and www.mothersgurukul.com, sponsored by Pandora’s Box and Recipe Dabba

#NYR2019#Newyear_bloghop

Tags: , , ,

48 thoughts on “I Promise to Stick to Resolution 2019!”

1. Ha ha 🙂 set a rule to walk while talking on phone- excercise can be checked off.

1. Ila Varma says:

Yes, it can be implemented easily. Thanks for the suggestion Dear.

2. Interesting conversation Ila. Liked how you narrated your story. Thanks for being a part of this train.

1. Ila Varma says:

I am happy to join n read interesting takes on the different subjects.

3. Alpana says:

That a good one Ila. Kids often feel that all rule are applicable to them and adults are free to do what they want and yet not answerable to anyone. I hope your 2019 list will not be gone with the wind list. Good luck. Happy to have you on the train.

1. Ila Varma says:

The world is round, once we set rules for kids and later on kids frame rule for us. Thanks Alpana for including me in your bucket list.

4. Walk and talk would be good one ticking off one of the resolutions. Kids observe so a lot and they question our actions. Hope your this year resolutions are achieved.

5. Maya Bhat says:

So sweet of your son. Somes it’s ok to go with the wind. But the boy’s question is still valid! Are the rules only for us ?🤔😎

1. Ila Varma says:

Someone is watching us…Phew

6. Ha ha..I can hear you mumma..and its not only you..we all have more or less similar story. loved the reading post and hope you would be able to complete all your resolutions with good mood and positivity. #NYR2019

1. Ila Varma says:

hahaha…kids are smarter than us and they know the technique to pinpoint which we lacked in our time. Thanks for your comments

7. How nice is that 🙂 you be got boys who care about your goals… hope you acheive it soon else what’s the big deal, there’s always another year.. delightful read!

1. Ila Varma says:

Thanks Praggati…yes my three Men are quite understanding and inquisitive about me.

8. True. We need to first re-think and then re-structure our behaviour before we get down to laying rules for anyone else. Nice post. 🙂

1. Ila Varma says:

Hmmm….I am more conscious about it but yeah fulfilling resolutions is a tough task n I often fail.

9. ha ha ha, so finally kids have to take responsibility and see that mom stays healthy. entertaining read.

10. Dimple says:

Lovely post. All the best for your resolutions 😊

11. Shivani says:

Great post. Loved reading it

12. Prerna wahi says:

That’s a wonderful post Ila. I love the way your child gave you a scorecard and the coversations you had with him. Very well drafted piece.

1. Ila Varma says:

Thanks Dear, loved to be a part of the blog train

13. Awesome and honest post. It’s so sweet of the boys to help their mom. Better late than never:) good luck with the resolutions !

14. anupriya says:

This was an rofl worthy post. I could almost envision myself having a similar conversation with my son a couple of years down the lane.

1. Ila Varma says:

HaHaha…Conscious 21st century kids

15. Can’t stop smiling at the way your sons seem to be having an upper edge in ensuring you stick to your resolutions this year. God bless your family.

16. Anagha Yatin says:

With not one, not two but three loving yet tough task masters writing and monitoring your resolutions, I bet you will have a happy ending with 2019, specially with respect to resolutions, Ila!
    Wishing your tasks masters aka ring masters very best and you as well 😉

17. You are so lucky that your whole family is involved in your resolutions and they are going to track it. It was a fun post too.

1. Ila Varma says:

Yes….I feel lucky

18. Keerthana says:

Ha ha this was such a different way of conversation and well drafted post!! The questions kids ask are so true sometimes which makes us feel sensible!! The scorecard part was seriously good!! Love the post totally!!

19. Disha says:

It’s never easy following up with the resolutions, but every effort counts. 🙂

20. Sudeept says:

Such a “slice-of-life” write-up. Short, sweet and so heartwarming 🙂

21. Ghazala Naseem says:

Your resolutions are too good .
    Enjoyed reading it .
    Wish you can do it 🙂🙂

22. Bravo kids!
    That’s something different… loved the new way of writing things. Hope you score cent percent this year..all the best

23. I like your way of comparing. Nice post really enjoyed it.

24. I love how your son teamed with your hubby. I remember my childhood days when I did the same with the help of dad with mommy 😂 P.S. It was never for resolutions but other random things 🤣
    I enjoyed this post a lot. Made me feel nostalgic all together ❤️
    #healthy #healtheatinghabits #blogtrain #NYR2019 #Newyear_bloghop

1. Ila Varma says:

Hahaha…Thank You for your appreciation, Varsha

25. Interesting resolutions for new year Ila. I would like to add one from your list to my list- Less Cribbing to hubby..