The Camisole was an essential wear of man and women in olden days, the history of existence dates back to the medieval era. It was a long simple loose piece worn as an underwear underneath the clothing. Gradually, with the liberation of women and the emergence of fashion fiesta in 1920, it underwent tremendous changes in shapes, sizes, fabric, and appearance.
This was the advent of modern camisole sets which came in tights to accentuate the curves or cover up the extra bulges giving a modern look and best shape to feminine beauty.
Today, it has become an indispensable essential of a modern girl and a women wardrobe.
How Camisole Gained Prominence
Initially, camisoles were introduced as an underwear underneath the clothing to cover up and were worn under dresses. The teens and women found it comfortable and slid under bedcover with a camisole as a fancy nightwear. By 1980, it came into vogue as Sexy lingerie styles and it traveled from the closed doors of the bedroom to the outer world. The long up to pelvic, mid waist, cropped and bust length fashion flourished in the market and it ushered as an outerwear. The demand increased and the fashion designers embarked on designing fancy camisoles frilled with laces in satin, linen and lingerie fabric in fancy hues, different shapes, and sizes suitable for women of all age, shapes, and sizes.
Camisole Wear in Trend
Camisole gaining prominence as an outerwear ushered the market with utmost trendy designs and the modern girl found it versatile, appealing and sexy outfit. They started wearing in sync with different outfits matching with comfort, fashion, and season.
- Comfortable for Women Athletes: A simple long camisole with wide straps up to pelvic are worn by women athletes over a sports bra. It gives support to bust and is comfortable and absorbs sweat easily. It is the best option to wear in summers and they find themselves at ease.
- Easy Wear for Exercise: Camisoles is a comfortable wear for women who give time to her body to maintain her frame and girth. No tension of bulges or curves peeping out or riding up in exercise session and it gives flexibility in turns and twists.
- Glamorous Party Wear: A teen wishes to flaunt her sexy strapless or thin strap pretty silk or satin camisole over tight jeans or frilled skirts. It is much in vogue with a tube or strapless bra. In winters, she has the option to wear a short jacket in match or contrast to her outfit. In summers, a stole around the neck will give a chic look.
- Summer Wear: Thin straps or string camisoles are comfortable in summers and goes well with a skirt, shorts, capris and wraparound. Loose ones go well with tight minis and skirts. The wear can be chosen based upon the choice and comfort of the wearer.
- Winter Wear: Long cotton, Lycra or spandex can be worn in layers in biting cold season under sweatshirts and sweaters. It keeps warm as well as it has the potential to give a slimming appearance.
- Autumn Wear: When the sun is hot and the evenings colder, these can be worn under shirts paired with jeans, trousers or skirts. Wear a beautiful design camisole under a shirt and fitting bra underneath, so that one has the option to take off shirt when it is hot.
Varieties of camisoles are available in the market and on online portals of varied trendy designs, fabrics and price range. Click here and grab the ones that attract you and matches your style. Adorn your wardrobe with a colorful and sexy camisole and walk in grace and style…the craziest outfit of a modern woman.