These days’ parents are over ambitious pertaining to studies of their children. They want to see them faring with excellent marks and attaining higher ranks in class. It is the wishes of all to see them excel but how you train them to attain, Matters.
The competitive world gives goose bumps to parents and they fear the uncertainty of getting a good job placement or achieving a feat in their career.
Moreover, in spite of a growing number of educational institutions, still, it is tough for the kids to get admission in better institutions of the choice preferred by the parents.
To get through, the cute little tiny tots are prepared with required courses rigorously to get admission in Nursery classes.
Stress & pressure to compete for mounts on the toddlers and the kids from the early age of 3. The overambitious parent’s leaves no stone unturned to get a break in best educational institutions.
What route is followed?
If the child is coaxed and pressurized then there are a lot of chances of a misfire. The child might lose the interest in studies or get bogged down by intense pressure. The child turns into irritant self and at times, they become dull and it plays havoc in their later life.
Whereas if the learning is made interesting for the children by allotting them hours for regular study along with the enjoyment of playing and other extracurricular activities. They will do well and develop interests in their subjects and the consequence will be positive…they will become inquisitive and curious, a positive sign of a worthy student.
The parents have to choose the proper path to imbibe habits of regular studies in their children to see that they are transformed into intellectuals. They don’t emerge as a bookworm but an all-rounder with knowledge on all subjects, ranging from textbooks, GK, sports and hobbies.
The pattern of parenting and handling kids have gone under great transformation, these days.
I find the parents are quite stressed, related to studies of their children. They want to give their best and even wish that their unfulfilled ambition is fulfilled by their children. The peer pressure too works a lot because parents wish to show off their pride and status by remarkable feat and grades achieved by their children. They are more concerned that their children should rank above the neighbors and secure higher marks than neighbor’s and colleague’s kids.
During exam sessions, I come across long faces of parents whose children are studying in the nursery, primary or secondary, all reel under great stress. They mount pressure on kids to excel and make them sit for long hours to mug up the lessons. Both parents put in their maximum efforts in preparing questionnaire and answers and even prepare the projects all by themselves with the sole aim, EXCEL.
I find this situation absurd because I never implied these in my parenting style and I used to remain cool and composed during or before the exam.
I believe in Regular Study and there are great advantages to Regular Study. I imbibed the habit of regular study from Day One and made sure that they stick to it. In a few instances, they went astray but normally, they followed the pattern of regular study.
How Regular Study Benefits Children
• Regular study keeps the child updated with the progress of studies at school.
• Every day, the child must revise the lessons that have been taught at school. The contents taught in school remains fresh in mind if it is revised at home and it is easily absorbed.
• Attend all the questions and answers related to the taught chapter.
• Jot down all your doubts and queries and get it cleared in next class.
• Read one extra page or next lesson for the next class. When it is taught in school, it seems that they are aware of the contents of the chapter and the lesson seems interesting and is easy to understand.
• The child does well in surprise quiz taken at school for the chapters taught in previous class. They are on par with the lessons taught.
• It boosts the confidence of the child and he initiates in asking a question in classes to clear his doubts and respond to the questions asked in class.
• During examination time, the regular students don’t require to invest extra time to update their knowledge quotient and preparation.
• They don’t reel under the stress of appearing in the exam.
• They transform into confident students and are happy and curious to appear for the test.
• It inculcates the habit of sitting regularly for the study session.
• The assignments seem easy and interesting due to regular study.
• It induces the habit of self-study. They are not reliant on parents and their confidence enables them to do well and progress.
• Regular study boosts their concentration power and they catch the lessons fast.
• Children get recognition in class for being proactive and alert.
• In a sum, regular study boosts them to do better in studies. They are well versed with the chapters. They develop the interest in studies.
Additional Benefits of a Regular Study
• The health & growth of children is better because they don’t require to stay awake for long hours during examinations.
• There is no stress in the children, exam phobia, and nervous breakdown.
• The parents don’t have to take stress to cover up the chapters for the exams and life at home is peaceful and calm.
• There is a close bonding between parents and children because both don’t stress each other.
• The children enjoy healthy bonding with the teachers at school.
• The children enjoy other aspects of life being regular in a study as they get ample time to invest in their hobbies and sports.
My children followed a pattern of regular study and they never had to sacrifice their play and extracurricular activities to pace up with the studies. It was peaceful for me because I did not have to take extra stress for their studies. The accomplishment has been great.
I never stressed them to stand first but made them understand the power of grade and knowledge in life. I even encouraged them to watch films and other healthy shows, read books and magazines, catch up with their hobbies and regular play.
It plays an important part in their grooming and they come out to be calm individuals because they are not deprived of the benefits and they never feel left out in any niche later in life.
The parents should make the children understand the importance of regular study and try to instill the habit in them.
Once the habit is inculcated in children, they will realize the importance and will follow the suit throughout life.
These are my views in the field of parenting. Do share your views and leave a comment.