Parenting is a skill and it requires lots of patience & perseverance on the part of parents while addressing kids.
Each child is unique in its own way and accordingly, the parents need to take care of them…
Some are outspoken, fearless and daring and they
require less guidance while some are shy and meek and they need more attention from parents.
If you see around, you will find kids of one set of parents are quite different in personality though they are brought up in
the same atmosphere has been given the same privileges and comfort…Their characteristics and vital statistics vary because each kid perceives things differently…so it is the duty of the parents especially the Moms to unearth their kids potential and
weakness and deal them accordingly.
In my childhood days, I was a mixture of both; some knew me as Introvert while others knew me as a full package of life and
vigor and over Extrovert.
I myself don’t know the reason for such a dual personality. In our times, parents were loaded with so much of responsibilities
that they did not have enough time to spare to delve into such fine details. They had the huge responsibility of extended families, five children and looking after the house.
Still, I am a pack of both but certainly, I pulled myself out of the shell with passing years and now, I am introvert where I
choose to be…it’s my choice else I am extrovert, ready to pour my ideas and beliefs and even give an uninterrupted sermon where required.
I know that being over introvert mars the personality and at times, we lose best opportunities…though my been introvert
rewarded me with writing skills because whenever thoughts gushed inside me, I poured it raw on the journal and this was my bright side and today I am a gainer choosing blogging as my profession…my been introvert made me Creative.
In our time, we did not have so many gadgets…we had limited choice…either to play in the playground…indulge in some creativity or study…but the scenario of today is quite different.
Children of today are hooked to gadgets, as today’s children have access to multiple gadgets and if they are left alone, it will
hamper their personality. Parents need to be vigilant so that the
personality of kids are not at stake.
- If your child is dull and doesn’t want to mingle with the kids of their age group, he needs your attention. Rule out the reason for this behavior and encourage them to be active and participate in group activity.
- Find out their field of interest and encourage them to participate fully. Have open discussions with your kids and inquire if something is bothering them. At times, children don’t open up because of some unknown fear or inadequate knowledge.
- Invite them to your living room when some guests
visit your house and introduce them to your guests, gradually he will develop the habit of conversing with strangers and it will boost their personality.
- Encourage them to participate in the social activity
and give them the liberty to arrange special programs on festivals and special occasion, it will add creativity to them.
- Take them along when you visit your family and
friends, at times, they may be reluctant but slowly it will interest them.
- Fix hours of watching TV and playing games on
Computer because these activities nips the creativity and imaginative skills of a child.
- If he is more inclined in extracurricular activities, encourage them to indulge. Study is important but they need assistance in carving a niche in their field of interest. Discouragement make kids introvert.
- Don’t leave them alone for long hours…keep a watch
on their activities. Time to time, try to find out about the activities of your child at school or with friends, it will help you to know how he is performing with others.
- Keep a silent vigil on your child’s movements. All
things should not be pronounced especially when your kids is approaching teens as they are quite vulnerable at this age and they need utmost care.
What I did as a Parent?
While raising my kids, I followed their movements
- I involved them in all extra-curricular activities and in
- Brushed their skills and encouraged them to polish
their areas of interest.
- Never bullied them in front of other family members, friends or neighbors.
- Whenever I found their energy levels low, I sat
down with them and discussed openly what was bothering them.
These tips encouraged them to come out of their shell and enhanced their personality. Open discussion helps to develop confidence in children and they are fit to discuss and sort out issues.