Day to day, Obesity is becoming a problem for the people world-wide and the fair reason behind it is digitization, sedentary life and mechanized lifestyle, wherein the physical effort is becoming negligible.
A little population is concerned about their health and lifestyle and they follow sessions of gym, morning walk and diet control diligently. A big chunk is at their receiving end, the girth increasing day by day but they cannot stick to wellness program, juggling between professional & personal life.
Everyone can’t lead a committed life and the deviation from the normal gives spurt to obesity and obesity leads to certain diseases.
The fast and junk food, pizzas, cold drinks are in the regular menu owing to fast life which adds in most calories to one’s diet and the body loses its firmness.
The youngsters and kids are getting plump; the reasons are many, hooked to indoor games, TV, & fast food.
The signs of obesity is not healthy but people tend to be careless until the symptoms of overweight flares up, thus, giving rise to many diseases.
Hypothyroidism: is a condition characterized by abnormally low thyroid hormone production. The prevalence of hypothyroidism is high in Indians compared to other countries and the people of inland and coastal island are more affected with it.
It affects growth, development and many cellular processes and the clinical symptoms vary from one individual to other.
Clinical features of Hypothyroidism are:
- Intolerance to cold
- Muscle aching and cramps
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Poor appetite
- Face and legs swelling
- Hoarse voice
- Irregular or heavy menstruation
- Memory loss
- Slows mental activity
- Infertility and pregnancy related problems.
Normal range of Thyroid levels: is TSH is 0.6-4.6 micro units/ml.
Medication & Exercise:
- Thyroid medication is to be taken on regular basis and regular blood test is essential to assess whether the patient is taking right amount of dose of thyroid hormone. As it is hormonal imbalance so dose has to be adjusted.
- Thyroid medicine has to be taken in empty stomach and no other medicine should be supplemented with it. There should be a gap of at least 45 minutes between medicine & food.
- 60-90 minutes of exercise is a must for the thyroid patients.
- Meditation, yoga and breathing exercises is recommended too.
VLCC has introduced Medically Supervised “GET WELL SOON” programs and packages for the patients of :
3. Blood Pressure
4. PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
These weight loss and Body shaping packages are specially customized for clients suffering from the ailments like Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Diabetes & BP which are directly linked with Obesity.
These four diseases are prone to risk to life and if care is not taken, it leads to severe complications.Their weight management programs is outstanding. It helps to lose weight by planning diet and exercises and they provide specific diet for the weight loss.
Based on Medical, Fitness and health assessments including BCA, Anthropometry and DNA screening they include the following planned, monitored and customized solutions:
1. Ongoing Medical supervision by our in house doctor through the program
2. Personalized therapeutic diet plan for specific ailment.
3. Customized Exercise routine with special precautions and contraindications.
4. Supporting therapies and appliance in unique combination to help take care of signs and symptoms of the disease and achieve weight loss and Body shaping goals.
5. Lifestyle education that focuses on practical training and achieving optimal emotional health.
VLCC forbids patients from adopting Crash diets, Diet Supplements or Appetite Suppressants in their lifestyle. Enroll with VLCC & #GetfitwithVLCC .
They have a panel of Doctors, Physiotherapists, Dietitian and Therapist and personalized treatment is given to the patients who are enrolled for Get Well Soon package.