Trekking word sounds so adventurous, so just think how the expeditions would be. It’s quite adventurous and requires physical training to endure walking on heights and proper backpack to be ready for the trekking.
People especially the youngsters who are ready to accept risks and motivated to take up trekking but first one should plan before starting for trekking. It’s better if one gets his/her health check-up and is certified by the doctors to take up mountaineering expeditions. On heights, there are lot of possibilities of lowering of oxygen level, so the person with heart and lung ailments are not allowed to take up trekking. The people with fear of heights and physically disabled in hinds too are not advised to partake in these expeditions.
In reality, trekking on mountains are very exciting and adventurous but one needs to be fit and fine to taste the experiences of trekking. The base camp trekking are more interesting and fun – filled because you get a chance to wait in late evenings or nights among the valleys and mountains and the experience of staying in the lap of nature is awesome and one feels elated and light at heart, away from bitter stress of life.
Before taking up expeditions, please follow few steps to reap maximum benefit from the journey.
- Plan your trip: Proper planning will execute amazingly, planning not only includes dates of itinerary; the budget or the amount your wallet allows, proper season to go for trekking and then chalk out the dates and accordingly book your dates for adventurous expedition.
- Get your health check-up done by the physician and book the dates if physician allows to take up trekking
- If you are going for the first time, then choose the best season for trekking, that is March to May & September to November. The weather neither hot nor cold, it’s pleasant and no rains. Monsoons are the worst for trekking. Once people are through, they plan their trips in season of their choice. If you wish to experience cold and ice then you can prefer to start in December but do remember to carry enough warm clothes to wrap on especially at nights.
- Backpacking is the most important in this itinerary and be prepared for all the possibilities and do carry the things you will need during the trip. Make a list of the things required and buy for yourself.
- First aid box & Important Medicines
- Dry fruits & Refreshments
- Full cap & Gears according to the climate
- Trekking Shoes
- Warm Clothes
- Water Bottles.
- Keep a small diary with contact numbers
- Walking Stick.
- If you are in a small group, you can distribute the items and carry but if you are with a big group, you can keep a porter to carry the items, a cook to cook food for the group.
- It is always advisable to hire an experienced guide who can guide you throughout the journey.
Base camp trekking are wonderful where you break in your journey and enjoy the beauty of nature, it’s truly inspiring and majestic.